We earn from sales through Amazon affiliate links on this page. Read the Full Disclaimer here
Converse is one of the best shoes for skateboarding. They’re super durable, they have a flat bottom and they look great.
The converse is used by a lot of professional skaters because they’re so versatile. You can skate them in any situation and they’ll be comfortable no matter what you do.
The thing is, Converse isn’t just great for skating, they’re also a staple in streetwear fashion and have been for years. They’re even a part of our wardrobe at the office.
If you’ve ever wanted to get yourself some converse but didn’t know whether or not they were good for skating then this guide is for you. Keep reading.
What Makes Converse Shoes Good for Skateboarding? – 7 Benefits of converse for skating
Skateboarding is a tough sport. It requires a lot of practice and patience to master, which is why it’s best to start young.
Converse shoes are one of the most popular brands for skateboarding because they’re affordable, comfortable, and durable.
Here are some of the reasons why Converse shoes are great for skateboarding:
The converse is made from quality materials that can withstand the rigors of skating. The bottom sole is made from gum rubber which helps protect your feet from the impact of landing hard tricks. These shoes also come with extra padding around the ankle area which helps protect against injuries when doing high jumps or landing hard on your feet.
These shoes are also extremely comfortable, which means they’re great for skateboarding. The padding inside keeps your feet nice and warm while keeping you protected from any impact that might occur during skating sessions. You’ll also find that these shoes offer plenty of support, which will help prevent injuries while you’re out skating around town or practicing your moves at home.
Even though these shoes are durable and comfortable, they’re also very lightweight which means you can move around in them easily without them weighing you down when you’re skating or doing tricks on your board.
If you have a tight budget, you can’t go wrong with Converse shoes. They’re relatively cheap compared to other brands of skateboarding shoes, so you can buy several pairs without breaking the bank. And since Converse has been around for more than 100 years, its products have improved over time and are now even more durable than before.
Their soles last longer than other brands’ soles
Another reason why Converse shoes are great for skateboarding is that their soles last much longer than those of other brands’ sneakers. A good pair of converse sneakers will last you at least between 18 months and 24 months with everyday wear.
They have a good grip
There’s nothing worse than sliding around on your board because your shoes don’t give you enough traction. Converse have excellent grip on almost any surface because they’re made with gum rubber soles that grip well on smooth surfaces as well as rough ones like concrete or asphalt, this makes them perfect for skating on sidewalks or other pavement surfaces where there isn’t much traction available otherwise.
You can use these shoes for anything. they look great with jeans or shorts when you’re not skateboarding and they look equally as good when you’re hanging out at the skatepark with your friends or hitting up some rails at the local park.
There are (3) options to choose from when it comes to how the ankle will be protected: low-tops, mid-tops, and high-tops
Ankle support is an important factor in choosing the right skate for you. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, it’s always good to have your ankles protected while skating.
There are three options to choose from when it comes to how the ankle will be protected: low-tops, mid-tops, and high-tops.
- Low-top skate shoes are the most common because they offer good support while allowing the ankle to move freely. They cover the ankle but not much, so they can be worn with or without socks.
- Mid-top skate shoes have a higher ankle that provides more protection than a low top but less than a high top. They generally come up to just below mid-calf, which means that you can wear them with or without socks depending on your preference.
- High tops have an even higher ankle and go all the way up to just below your knee cap. These shoes are designed for serious skaters who want maximum protection from falls and injuries (particularly ACL tears). High tops are usually worn with socks because they’re tight fitting around the ankles and calves.
How long should skateboarding shoes last?
On average, a pair of Converse skateboarding shoes should last you 18 – 24 months as mentioned earlier.
The lifespan of your footwear is dependent on how much wear and tear you put them through. If you skateboard regularly, then the lifespan will be shorter than if you only use them occasionally. The more wear and tear the shoes have, the shorter their lifespan will be.
Here are some tips on how to care for your Converse
Converse sneakers are an iconic part of American fashion history. But they’re not indestructible. Converse sneakers can be quite delicate and prone to damage.
That’s why it’s so important to take care of your shoes so that they stay in good shape for as long as possible. Here are some tips for cleaning and caring for your Converse sneakers:
- Keep them clean – Cleaning your Converse is essential to maintain their quality and prevent staining or discoloration. Use warm water and mild detergent to wipe down your shoes after each session. Make sure they’re completely dry before putting them away so they don’t get moldy or smelly.
- Keep them dry – Water can cause permanent damage to your Converse if left damp for too long, so make sure they’re completely dry before storing them away in their original box.
- Let them air out – Damp Converse can cause an unpleasant odor, so once you’ve cleaned and dried your shoes thoroughly leave them open to air out for at least 24 hours.
It’s a wrap
in the end, it’s up to you what shoes you wear. But if you’re looking for a high-quality shoe that’s built for skating and that’ll last a long time, we doubt you could go wrong with a pair of Converse.